Wednesday, January 17, 2018

2018 The Year of "NOT"

Image Cred Belongs to Tim Okamura
Like all good bloggers probably try to do, I started writing a post for the New Year. I wanted to have it finished in time to post just before we rang in 2018, but I just wasn't feeling where my post was going. As per usual I started writing about resolutions that I wanted to undertake for the next 12 months, but I wasn't satisfied. I decided to sit on my thoughts for a little while so I could write about something that I truly believed in. I decided that this was going to be the "Year of NOT".

January 1st of any given year since I have no idea when, has probably been spent with people talking about what they were going to do, but I decided that people should make this the year of what they were not going to do.

1. I WILL NOT try to change my physical appearance for the approval of any other human being other than myself - The most commonly discussed New Year's resolution is to lose weight, get in shape, anything that has to do with changing our physical form. But ask yourself are you REALLY doing it for yourself or are you doing it for someone else? I've made a promises to myself similar to this so many times that I've lost count. On the surface I convince myself that I'm doing it for health reasons, "I just want to get in shape."etc. But in reality, I think that if I looked more like the women on the cover of magazines other than the plus-size goddess that I am, that someone will find me attractive. Don't be mistaken, I do want to be what is considered a healthy weight; however, in the past I wasn't successful because my true impetus wasn't ME! This year make whatever changes you need to, just make sure you're doing it for YOU!



2. I WILL NOT allow anyone or anything make me less than the queen that God has destined me to be - Whoever you are, wherever you are, just know that God has destined you to be a Queen or King. Anyone who makes you feel less that that has no place in your life. Listen, I get it, it's not easy letting go or some we love, even if they're not good for us. I was married for almost 19 years to someone that wasn't good for me in the slightest, but when he left, I was petrified. At the time I would have preferred to stay in a dysfunctional relationship than to be alone. But you know what, after the shock wore off and I was able to focus, I realized that I was going to be alright, better than alright, and so will you. All you have to do is move in faith and make the first step.

3. I WILL NOT let another year pass me by without finally doing "That Thing" I've always wanted to do - So, I know I don't have to explain what "That Thing" is. We all have that one very special thing that we want to do; it's that thing that's been calling us since forever. For me it's writing my first book. That's all I can tell you about that right now because my son Mikal always tells me not to put too much of my ideas out in the ether. Whatever your "That Thing" is, this is going to be the year that you go for it with everything that you have! Don't put it off for another year.

4. I WILL NOT live my life by anyone's standards other than God's - I've learned many things over my 53 years on this planet, if you live your life to please others, chances are you'll never find happiness for yourself. God says that if we put Him first everything else will fall into place.
Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."  That doesn't mean that you do what you want to do without any thought or regard to others. That would make you a self centered jerk, BUT you don't have to try and be anyone other than YOU. If people are going to like you, let them like you for who you are.

With all of that said 2018 is going to be a wonderful year no matter what it brings. I hope that it brings you all the love, peace, and joy that you can handle and more. Be blessed!

Much Love,

Pandora Esperanza


No comments:

Post a Comment