Wednesday, December 16, 2015

They Say There's Someone For Everyone....Just Not Online

It's been almost five years since my divorce. I've only dated one person during that time, which I refer to as "The Debacle", anyway it was a bust. So needless to say it's been a long time for a Sister!

To this point the only men that pay me any modicum of attention are either, married, legally separated, homeless, or old enough to be my grandfather....I just gave myself the Heebie Jeebies.

Anyway, I've actually spoken to quite a few people over the years who've used online dating sites. I've always said that I would never do it, I'm just not that desperate right? What happened to just meeting a nice guy in an organic fashion. I'll tell you what happened, the internet has taken over everything even romance.

Needless to say about a month ago, I finally succumbed to the lure of the creature that is internet dating. I haven't tried all of them, but I've tried enough, Christian Singles Mingle, Our Time, and Delightful. My experience may not be the same as other people, but in my opinion, they SUCK! Can I say that on here.....yeah, I can it's my blog!



First of all they are NOT free!! Oh you can set up a profile for free, but if you want to actually see who viewed your profile, or sent you a message you have to pay for it. Any way my experience has convinced me that internet dating is simply a way for me to pay someone to make me feel worse about myself than I already do. I've been approached by foreign men who are trying to pass themselves off as American for some nefarious reason I'm sure (syntax gentlemen, syntax, it's a dead giveaway.) I realize that most men over a certain age are looking for a young "Sweet Thang", so at 51 that means the only men that would look at me like that are men that are pushing 70.  I think it's cool that people of all ages are putting themselves out there looking for that special someone, but I'm sorry, if I look at you and all I can think about is ,"Hey, you remind me of my Grandfather." then you're not for me. BTW, people will straight lie about their age. Then you have the stalkers. They will look at your profile on a regular basis, but they never actually say anything to you, or they send the random "flirts" that the sites generates(they are so corny).

The current world population as of this writing is 318.9 million people, and one of them is destined for me. I'm just not going to find him on line.

A few weeks ago, I was hanging out with one of my friends, shooting the gab about our lack of male companionship, and she said to me, "Where have all the good, single men gone?" We laughed about it, but there is a ring of truth there.

Do I get lonely? Hell yes! But you know what I'm making peace with? I'm making peace with the fact that there is only one way I'm going to meet the person that's meant for me, and that's for me to stop trying and to just let God do what He does best and supply my needs.

So tonight, as I finish up this post, sipping on Marasala and listening to Donny Hathaway, I know that my someone is out there.

I don't need to know where all the good men are, just one, my one.

Much Love,

Pandora


No comments:

Post a Comment