Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Truth Will Always Bare Itself Out


Full Definition of TRUTH

1
a archaic :  fidelityconstancy
b :  sincerity in action, character, and utterance
2
(1) :  the state of being the case :  fact (2) :  the body of real things, events, and facts :  actuality (3) often capitalized :  a transcendent fundamental or spiritual reality
b :  a judgment, proposition, or idea that is true or accepted as true <truthsof thermodynamics>
c :  the body of true statements and propositions
3
a :  the property (as of a statement) of being in accord with fact or reality
b chiefly British :  true 2
c :  fidelity to an original or to a standard

My mother has always been one for turning a good quote or a phrase. She also loved poetry. But there was one quote that my mother liked to say when she though I wasn't telling the truth. She would say, "You know, the truth will always bare itself out".



I had zero clue as to what she meant, but it stuck with me over all these many years, and I'm just getting to the place where I'm starting to comprehend its.

Truth by it's very nature cannot be ignored, buried, or destroyed. It may indeed lay dormant for a time, but when it awakens, it reveals itself as strong as the day that it came into being. It has also been said that there is your truth, my truth, and the real truth lies somewhere in between.

As most things do in my writing, it all comes back to love. Love and truth, people either align them or depending on their motives do their utmost best to keep them apart.  It is the latter that usually causes the most harm.

Somewhere in the world, right at this very minute, someone is spewing declarations of love, or laying down a sweet line just to see if the embers of a relationship long thought gone cold, still holds the promise of warmth.

I have the great fortune of reaching the age where I am beginning to be able to discern truth from lie, fact from fiction. When I keep a level head and don't let my emotions run amok, I'm usually spot on the money. What I have found about myself, and I'm sure that it translates to others as well, is that when my emotions are too much in play, I ignore the signs and truth and instead indulge myself in fantasy. In short, I see what I want to see.

But time...the mother of truth, forces off my blinders whether I want her to or not. I guess what I'm trying to say is.....If you want to know the truth of a thing stand still, watch, listen, open your soul and allow time to pass. The truth will always, always bare itself out.

Much Love,

Pandora Esperanza

Follow me on Twitter - https://twitter.com/PndraEsperanza

No comments:

Post a Comment