Thursday, December 1, 2016

Be Still And Know...


One of the most difficult things that a person can be asked to do is wait. I can say personally that waiting has never been a strong suit of mine. Anything that required me to think it through and make the best decision possible seemed a herculean task; not because I didn't have the intelligence, but because I made my decisions from my heart rather than my head.

Heart versus head, it's an age old battle, there are countless examples in literature, fiction and non-fiction. I think all of us can gives examples from out own lives, some more than others. The question I ask myself is when will I ever get it right?

My personality as a child was filled with contradictions. On the outside I was shy, painfully so, but on the inside I wanted to do and see everything! How do you reconcile those two parts of yourself? As I grew older, I knew that I should take my time and give serious thought to life's decisions, but try as I might, I would lean towards the impulses of my heart. Making decisions like that is always going to be a crap shoot, sometimes it yields a positive outcome and sometimes not.



I've had to learn that I needed help, that I need someone that I can trust implicitly to guide me in my decision making, that someone is God. It's awesome really, when you realize that God created our intellectual mind AND our emotional heart; then you realize that only God can reconcile how they work together.

Psalm 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God: 
I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.


But first we need to be still...stillness, patience, and waiting.....they're all connected.

Psalm 27:14 - Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

In those timeless words of Invictus, "I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul." This implies that we are in control of our lives that the outcomes are the direct result of what we alone choose to do. I know, you think I'm going to say that this is false, that as Christians, our lives are in God's hands, but first we have to choose to put them there. The word says, "Choose you this day whom you will serve." Once we do that, then we yield to His will, this means that sometimes we're going to have to wait for His answer, or for Him to show us which way to go. What does this mean, it means hands off! 

When we try and make decisions without God's direction, we're either going to over intellectualize, or we're going to just jump into something because of our emotions. God knows the desires of our hearts, but He also knows what we need. God's plan for us will not only fulfill us emotionally, it will be the path that's in our best interest in the long run,

Look, I know it's tempting. We want to take charge and meddle, we try and push God along....but what happens? Inevitably we screw things up! THAT's why God says, "....be of good courage." It might be daunting, but the rewards will be matchless!

So what ever your waiting on, just know that you can thank God in advance because He's already worked it out. Embrace the process and trust.

Much Love,

Pandora





No comments:

Post a Comment